Saturday, May 13, 2017

The reason I have been MIA...


Good afternoon everyone!
I know that I have been MIA for the last month, but I do have a very good reason...
...on April 8th, we brought home our new Newfoundland puppy, Lucie!

(Picture from the car ride home...
She decided she preferred my husband's lap, until she discovered the car had a backseat.)

It has been quite the month with a new puppy...
(I haven't had a new "baby" in the house in over 12 years, so there has been a lot of adjusting.)

Things were pretty crazy for a bit, but slowly, everything (and everyone) is adjusting and life has gotten back to "normal" (at least as normal as life ever gets).


Lucie is doing very well...
...she is pretty close to being completely potty trained. (She's only had a few accidents and most of those are on my husband and I, because we weren't paying attention.)  We are still working on getting her to "communicate" more when she has to go potty, but things are progressing.

She walks on a leash and currently has 2 puppy obedience classes under her belt.
(It is a lot of fun working on the commands with her and seeing her start to understand.)


She just turned 16 weeks and she weighs roughly 40 pounds.
(Yep, she is going to be a very big girl!)

Otherwise, I have gotten back to stitching (I will have a stitching update soon) and am starting to really enjoy my time with Lucie.
(It was a bit rough in the beginning, but things are getting much better.)

Well, this is just a short little update, to let everyone know that I am still around (and reading through blogs) and what I have been up to...
I promise to have a stitching post uploaded soon!

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

6 comments: