Monday, March 21, 2016

Not one, But two...

Happy Monday everyone!
Hope everybody had a pleasant weekend, full of lots of stitching.

My weekend ended up being very productive...
...I finished not one, but two pieces!

Up first, my Halloween ornament...

 This month's theme was pumpkin...
...I couldn't resist this adorable pumpkin cupcake.


The pattern is from the website Mini Cross Stitch and I stitched it on 14 ct. white Aida.
(The pattern is called "Halloween Cupcakes" and there are 9 different cupcakes to stitch.)

And, I finished the Star Wars alphabet...

All the characters are present.


Close ups of the final 2 characters to be stitched...


And, a quick look back at some of my personal favorites...




So excited to have the piece finished!
It is now sitting on my kitchen table, drying, after have a quick soak and it will be ironed and mailed tomorrow for final finishing.
I just can't wait to give it to my son's teacher.  I really hope she likes it.

My supplies for my next alphabet project should be here tomorrow and I plan on jumping right in to it.
(I hope to get a bit ahead, before the A to Z challenge starts on April 1st.  That should keep me on track.)

Well, I am off to find some lunch.
Hope everyone has a wonderful week!











    


9 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm happy dancing with you - your finishes are both adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the awesome finishes Carrie.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on finishing the Star Wars alphabet. It looks like it was a lot of work. That little pumpkin makes me want to smile. I've saved the link and although I'm trying to stitch only from stash right now, I make have to break down and get them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Carrie on finishing the Star Wars Alphabet! Looks super :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finishes Carrie; I love them both! How are you feeling about starting another alphabet having just finished one? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the finishes! They look amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your Star Wars finish, I'm sure the recipient will love it:) Pumpkin is cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There will be Happy Dancing in the Ewok Village tonight! Ee-chop-yub-nub indeed!

    (full lyrics found here - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ewok_Celebration)

    ReplyDelete